What's on your bucket list?

Users who are viewing this thread

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
It has to be a sports car.

And the Grand Canyon.

Possibly Alaska too.

I'd also like to smoke a lot of weed just one last time with my old best friend, like when we were kids.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Travel,
Grand Canyon
Africa somewhere
Italy or somewhere in the Mediterranean
China
Alaska for a back packing trip, I was there for a weekend, but didn't get to fish or hike.

Build one more home at least,
Two homes I designed and built are occupied by builders, but I'm living the tract home life.

Record an album
I have the eight track interface, but haven't set it up yet, it may be easier to rent studio time with Jason at Synergy.

Write a book
I have the outline already, I pull parts of it out when I need it.
It's a self help book.

Get my grandkids skiing with me.

Looks like I'm going to be busy for a while.

Scuba_Dave

Extreme DIY Homeowner
Reaction score
Website
holidaves.com
Been to the Grand Canyon & Alaska, very much like to go back to both
Africa on safari
Travel: Italy, Russia, Germany, Australia (& diving), China

Diving: Tahiti, Titanic (not diving), Galpagos, Red Sea, Fiji, Truk lagoon for a month - same for Micronesia/Indonesia
Swimming w/whales, Manta Rays
Still haven't made it to Hawaii - I have been to almost every other State

Sports car would be nice

FINISHING my house.....but I guess a house is never done

I'd like to get my MC back on the road
Take a day/weekend up thru New Hampshire & Vermont with my camera like I used to do

Ski like I did when I was younger - No Fear :D

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
China, Japan, Thailand,Korea, PI.....BTDT. Enough.

No desire for any part of mainland Europe, but visiting the ancestral village in Ireland (Moycullen in Galway) would be up on the list.

I have traveled across country on the Southwest Chief , the Capitol Limited,the Lakeshore Limited, and the Acela Express. I enjoyed that trip a lot, and a long train trip is probably #1 on the list.

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
It's funny how many are travel.

For me i don't have any regrets like skydiving, bunging jumping not really interested in killing myself.

I love to travel and the one place i really want to go is the French Polynesia Islands which includes Tahiti, Fiji, Moorea, Huahine, Taha'a and my favourite Bora Bora.

I would also love to see Hawaii, Australia and New Zealand.

My Mom and Dad came from Scotland and they had a choice either Canada or New Zealand and they choose Canada because it was closer to Scotland and they were back maybe 4 times since the 60's.

I could have grown up a Kiwi surfer...well what can you do.
Well got to go, getting ready for the winter heard it's going to be bad this year ahhh Canada..wonder what the weather is in New Zealand.

Peanut9199

Reaction score
the ancestral village in Ireland (Moycullen in Galway) would be up on the list.

I'm going to Ireland next year and will be going to the Galway coast, maybe i'll stop off in Moycullen we would pass it on the way from Galway to Clifden (is it nice?)

I have traveled across country on the Southwest Chief , the Capitol Limited,the Lakeshore Limited, and the Acela Express. I enjoyed that trip a lot, and a long train trip is probably #1 on the list.

I took the train from BC to Toronto a couples of years back and that was great all inclusive with my own sleeper compartment, it is rated in the top ten of best trips to take.
This year i'm doing the East coast and that will be all of Canada for me.

I've done about 70% of the US, i have Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, Wyoming, Montana and Hawaii.

Last edited:

Peanut9199

Reaction score
Peter, it is going into their summer now. I have friends in NZ. They just had a rather large earthquake in Wellington, which is the capitol and in the southern part of the island; it actually moved them I think, I was told, an inch closer to Oz. It is beautiful country with anything and everything to do.

We could have moved to Christchurch (The Garden city) my Dad had a cousin who lived there.

001.jpg

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
(is it nice?)

Haven't been there yet. Have you heard the expression "To Hell or Connaught" ?? That was the choice given by the bastard Cromwell to the Catholics, in 1652,...booted out of their homesteads on "good" land. Galway is part of Connaught ( the barren lands of western Ireland).

But the song "Galway Bay" will bring a tear to your eye, and one day I hope to see the sun go down at Galway Bay. The known homestead of our earliest named family is a castle still extant, at Dysert, near Ennis, Clare. The clan traces it's celtic roots to Fenius Farsa, King of Scythia about 800 BC. After that it is a long story!

Scuba_Dave

Extreme DIY Homeowner
Reaction score
Website
holidaves.com
I've been to England & France back in 98, went with my Mom
We went to France 1st then the Chunnel to England
My wife (had not met her) went with her Mom, at the SAME time
They went to England 1st...then to France
I was kind of weird when we met (99) & realized it

I'd like to go back to England/Ireland & Scotland for a trip
Our friends in England actually moved back to the US

Peanut9199

Reaction score
Have you heard the expression "To Hell or Connaught" ?? That was the choice given by the bastard Cromwell to the Catholics, in 1652,...booted out of their homesteads on "good" land. Galway is part of Connaught ( the barren lands of western Ireland).

I haven't sad to say, but i'm sure my Mom has.
My Great-grandfather on my Mother's side was from Ireland and Great-Granfather on my Dad's side too.
I guess all the Irish men came to Scotland and ....

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
[

Record an album
I have the eight track interface, but haven't set it up yet, it may be easier to rent studio time with Jason at Synergy.

Terry, check out audacity, online. It's a free beta mixing program that will blow you socks off. All you need is a 25 dollar usb cord. This thing will record and edit hundred of tracks including full mixing and multiple effects. I can't stop playing with it. It's addictive as hell.

Oh yes, Bucket List. I would like to unite all licensed plumbers in this country into one single organization that will fight against stupid codes and crappy products that are hurting the trade and the public. I would like to see a nationwide unified plumbing code and reciprocity between states for licensing so that if a guy has to pull up stakes and move to another state his license is still good. I want to see the apprentice program do the same thing so that if an apprentice has to move his hours will go with him and he will not have to start over again. Oh and I would also like a chance to fly a P51D Mustang, just once.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Peter.....the civil war was fought over states rights issues like that. The states are free to make their own rules, and that's the way God wanted this country to run!

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
We have federal gun laws, drug and alcohol laws, labor laws, education laws. What's the big deal

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Federal everything would be a (Bad) big deal...thats why there are States Rights...

Right now that is what is trying to be done with the present administration...

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You guys are against a plumbing code that is the same everywhere?

I know people don't like change, I'm used to plumbing the same way myself, and when they discuss code changes I start to worry that it will degrade the goal we have been trying to achieve.

But it does seem like a good idea, to have some consistency.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
I am only against it if it became madatory through the feds...if it was adopted by each individual State and they kept their independence that would be fine....

Bengals game is starting....

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
The problem as I see it is because the economy is so crappy, some guys are having to pull up stakes and head where the work is. Or maybe they just want to the out of the cold climate. Why should a guy that's held a Master license have to go through the whole process all over again? Right now, it's because of all the differing codes.

As for states rights, they have been slowly annexed ever since the civil war ended, bit by bit. Be honest now, how many real rights do any of the states really have when the fed holds all the purse strings? That's why we have the fed mucking about in education, transportation, health care and just about any thing else they feel like they need to control. Instead of mandating what they want, they withhold funding. No child left behind is a classic example. If the schools don't meet federal standards then the school district has its funds withheld along with other punitive actions. States rights are a joke and then again the way things are going so are personal liberties.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
We have federal gun laws, drug and alcohol laws, labor laws, education laws. What's the big deal

While we do have the ATF, etc. MOST laws governing firearms, alcohol, education, even labor. etc. are STATE laws. Compare gun carry laws between for example texas and NY. Even in CA, OPEN CARRY of an unloaded gun is legal. The local police do not like that much, and you can expect to be checked to make sure you are unloaded, but it IS legal.

Another example , on a labor situation: In California, anything over 8 hours in one day is OT. And if your company provides vacation time, that is vested. You cannot lose it. It carries over from year to year, and if you leave or get canned, you are paid off. In TX, by comparison, you can work up to 10 hours in a day, and OT is only paid once you go over 40 on the week. Vacation is use it or lose it. It goes away on Jan. 1.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
OK Jimbo, but what's on your bucket list? :D

Thread was beginning to get hi jacked with that ugly old politics thing that always tests the friendship of man.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks