gift that keeps giving =o)

Users who are viewing this thread

busy2muchgiongon

Reaction score
I am heading out to buy my husband's birthday gift soon. I am wanting to get one about a 17 in height and elongated bowl... These are my choices: Kolher Highline, Kohler Cimarron, American Standard Cadet 3. Based on what is available (at home depot) and I find that I have a few options. I asked the same rep 2 times, 3 weeks apart and got 2 different answers to my question "what is the best one".
Which one would you buy?

I would like to get this today, but after viewing your site, plan to replace the other toilets w/ the toto drake.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Of those three?

The ADA Cadet 3

Though the funny thing is, a customer returned his Cadet 3 and picked up an Ultramax from me yesterday.
He didn't like the water spot in the Cadet.

The Drake and the Ultramax are similar in funtion

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I would suggest you look beyond the Big Box Stores. Toto is the brand preferred by the majority of us on this forum, but it is not available in the Boxes.

Cookie

Reaction score
Um, if someone bought me toilet for my birthday their might be issues. I guess it has to be a man thing. :)

My sister's husband bought her one year for Christmas a Belgian waffle maker and she was happy! I told her it must be an age thing, because I am younger and want perfume, frilly things, candy and flowers. Non of that nonsense for me, like toasters, waffle makers, flat shoes, lol, nah.

Last edited:

killavolt

In the Trades
Reaction score
My mother warned me when I was much younger, never to buy her anything that plugged in for her birthday or for Christmas because anything that plugs in implies work......She never mentioned anything about toilets though....hmmmm.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I see people giving toilets as gifts all the time.

What better gift to give?

Think about it, or don't think about it.
No more using the plunger on a weekly basis.

It improves the look of the home.
Get a slow close seat too.
Best thing that ever happened for men.

Well, they may be pushing it.

Cookie

Reaction score
I

What better gift to give?

it.

Pearls, I love pearls... infact, you made me think of the best present I was ever given by my older son,. He went to the beach on a vacation, and he brought me home, some of it. In a coffee can, some sand and some shells. I put that into a glass round dish and loved it a long time. On my honeymoon, now, 27 years ago, 28 in July, my husband and I went to Sea World, and their he paid for a girl to dive down under the water and bring up a clam. Inside of it a pearl. Every year after we would go their for our anniversary and I got a new pearl. One was actually a black pearl.

Now, I guess he could had bought me a toilet and put a pearl inside of it, but, somehow it would had lost its luster, lol.
;)

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Cookie,
That is true I guess for a woman. But they get those things too.
This is where the difference between the sexes is big.

A man would be happy with new skis.

Or knowing where the tv remote is.

Or hearing someone making cooking sounds in the kitchen.

Or the smell of laundry right out of the dryer.

The sound of wine being poured from a bottle.

Cookie

Reaction score
Now here is the difference between men and women, do you like this dress? :D

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
This dress is so beautiful,it has me written all over it. I flipped when I saw it. Us girls here had to show each other, and we were all happy about it, does this make you happy? if not, it is a woman thing....:p
Toilets for men, beautiful things for women, lol.

Last edited:

Macman

Reaction score
Dress? Dress? What dress? Oh, yeah. I guess she IS wearing a dress.

Cookie

Reaction score
Now, my girlfriend and I were magazine shopping for " wedding dresses" WAIT! COME BACK WHERE 'D EVERYONE GO! :p:D;) lol.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks