Clear Toilet Clog

Users who are viewing this thread

kingtomato117

Reaction score
My son stopped up the toilet it appears he used a bendy piece of a window shade the thing you twist to open it to light in. Well a piece broke off in there he said and now it is draining slowly. We're afraid to use it for now so toilet paper and anything else doesnt get caught on it. Is there a tool a homeuser can buy or would we need to contact someone?

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
Buy one of those cheap closet augers from the big box store. Make sure you do not damage the bowl/porcelain.

closet-auger_01.jpg

kingtomato117

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. Will that allow me to grab it and pull it up on this side? I dont really want it to get stuck in a pipe or anything. I dont know if it would, since I don't know anything about plumbing lol. But Ill look in to one of those. Thanks again.

EDIT: I actually read about it and I see why that may work. Ill let yall know. Thanks

Last edited:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I've never seen anybody have much luck with a cheap closet auger.
I use a 3' general auger with a drop head.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
stoppage

What you need is a small mirror, and a flashlight to see where it is jammed. Once you do that, you can probable either pull it out, or use a bent coat hanger to dislodge it so it can fall back into the toilet so you can throw it away. I used my Ridgid Mini See-Snake to locate a customer's hair pick stuck in the toilet and then used it to guide me as I used a piece of wire to grab it. Like a surgeon doing a stent while watching the monitor.

Last edited:

kingtomato117

Reaction score
Well I bought an auger from Wal-Mart and it seems to have cleared the paper that was already stuck on it. I wasnt able to actually pull it back up on this side. Im going to try again here in a minute. Im a computer guy so I have a small pen-size webcam Im thinking of dropping that son of a gun in there.

EDIT: Just tried and I got it with the auger this time. Thanks

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks