Stock up on guns and ammo before it's too late.

Users who are viewing this thread

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
A Question...

If all guns were required to be registered by law and if caught with an unregistered gun after the registration time is up there is an automatic 10 year jail sentence...

Would you register your guns...?

OR

Would you hide them...and not register them...

I would take the later choice.
When the goverment adopts such a law I see a need for the people to have weapons available for use shortly after that.:eek:

Dissention is the highest form of patriotism!:cool:

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
If all guns were required to be registered ...

I would take [that] later choice.

I can imagine many people would do that, and that would certainly not bother me at all ... but for what purpose might those guns be hidden, and to what end?

When the goverment adopts such a law I see a need for the people to have weapons available for use shortly after that.

To do what? Not meaning to put you or anyone else on the spot here, I simply suggest it is far too late for whatever you might have in mind to ever actually happen ... and I say that mostly because there would not be sufficient unity to get it done even if the combined weaponry might be great.

Dissention is the highest form of patriotism!

Possibly so, but again: To what end?

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
This is the reason people do not respect the use of firearms...there should be severe consequences for the misuse of them unlike this....

Hoffman Estates man gets 30 days for shooting at repo man

~~Snip~~
will spend 30 days in Cook County jail, ~~snip~~

Cass, 30 days in Cook is like 30 years. I guarantee you he will come out there a changed man. The inmates there will be "real Nice" to him. It is the worse institution to be sent to in this country.

The other problem is he is from Hoffman Estates, that is the city of Orangeburg sewer pipe and hack plumbing from the builder Mr Hoffman himself. It explains why he was lacking the mental ability which caused him to overreact. Seriously I have seen sanitary and potable water cross connections in that town, along with poor laid out building drain systems. Imagine you enter the home with a sewer back up. you rod from the Cleon out on the stack and the rod comes up the basement water closet, so you put the machine in reverse then feed the cable in and now you come up the floor drain, you try a few other things like pulling the water closet, now you come up the sink line.

MaintenanceMan

In the Trades
Reaction score
A Question...

If all guns were required to be registered by law and if caught with an unregistered gun after the registration time is up there is an automatic 10 year jail sentence...

Would you register your guns...?

OR

If someone thinks it's time to bury his guns, it's actually time to be arming himself.

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
We have had a gun registry for many years (make work project by goverment)now and i never registered mine.

The main reason is some of my rifles have been handed down generations one from my grandfather he used in WW1 and this is all i have from him.

Australia decided to outlaw guns in their country years ago and started rounding up all the guns and destroying them and for a lot of people they too had guns passed down hundreds of years.

The registry here has not done anything to stop gun violence as the people who register the guns are not the one using them it's the criminals and guess what they won't be reporting theirs.

They now have a program here turn in your guns and get a camera
http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_28893.aspx
if people want to do this that's their choice but at least they have a choice.

Cookie

Reaction score
Maybe someone could write within the law classifications, like if ...
the gun is an antique or something. Kind of like the different ways you can register your cars. My neighbor has a Model T and it has different plates on it.

Cookie

Reaction score
Ten Years After Columbine, It's Easier to Bear Arms

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20090420/us_time/08599189141600

By MICHAEL A. LINDENBERGER Michael A. Lindenberger – 2 hrs 25 mins ago
Monday April 20 marks 10 years since Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold permanently etched the words Columbine High School into this nation's collective memory. What happened that day in 1999 also seemed to wake America up to the reality that it had become a nation of gun owners - and too often a nation of shooters.

The carnage in Littleton, Colorado - 12 classmates and a teacher before the killers offed themselves - and the ease with which the teenagers acquired their weapons (two sawed-off shotguns, a 9-mm semiautomatic carbine and a TEC-9 handgun) seemed to usher in a new era of, well if not gun control, then at least gun awareness. (See pictures of crime in middle America.)

In the decade since, massacres perpetrated by deranged gunmen have continued - including the 2007 Virginia Tech massacre in which Cho Seung-Hui killed 32 people and wounded many others. But something odd has occurred. Whatever momentum the Columbine killings gave to gun control has long since petered out. (See pictures of America's gun culture.)

This spring, for example, Texas lawmakers are mulling a new law that would allow college students to carry firearms to campus (Utah already makes this legal). "I think people weren't concerned about it first," says University of Texas graduate student John Woods, who has emerged as a spokesman for campus efforts to defeat the bill. "They thought, 'It's a terrible idea. Why would the government consider something like this?'" But as the debate on campus has heated up, that complacency has vanished, Woods explains to TIME. Students opposed to the bill plan a big rally on Thursday at the Capitol, he says.

But efforts like Woods' are up against powerful headwinds - and not just because of the powerful gun lobby that often strangles gun-control laws. Americans in general have cooled significantly to the idea of restricting gun rights. A poll released last week by CNN showed that support for stricter gun laws was at an all-time low, with just 39% of respondents in favor. Eight years ago that number was 54%.

Woods concedes that getting help to the psychotic, would-be killers of the world would probably be an even better fix. But he has a personal reason to take the issues seriously. Two years ago, he was in his apartment in Blacksburg, Virginia, listening to sirens sounding across the campus outside his window. A half-dozen friends of his were in the classroom where Cho Seung-Hui opened fire, and the names of some of the dead belong to people he knew. "The idealist in me is shocked and angry," Woods says, that restrictions on guns have eased rather than tightened in the wake of tragedies like the one at Virginia Tech. "But the cynic in me is not surprised at all. I think if this was peanuts or pistachios causing all these deaths, then we'd be all over it. But there is no amendment about peanuts or pistachios in the Bill of Rights. People on both sides just simply won't compromise." (See pictures form the Virginia Tech massacre.)

Indeed, the debate seems to be almost one-sided nowadays, with an ongoing backlash against gun control. Another law up for debate in Texas, for example, would prohibit most companies from barring employees from keeping guns in their cars in company parking lots. In Montana, only last-minute dealmaking between the House and Senate stripped a new law of language that would have given residents the right to carry concealed weapons with or without a permit.

Since 2003, at least eight states have either passed new laws giving most residents the right to carry concealed handguns or changed existing laws to make it harder for state officials to deny those permits, according to a 2008 study in the Yale Law & Policy Review. In the past couple of years, another trend has taken root, too: the expansion of the so-called Castle Doctrine, a legal theory enshrined in common law. It is used to justify deadly force in the defense of one's home, although it's usually interpreted to include a duty to try to avoid confrontation if one can. But in the past three years, the National Rifle Association has encouraged states to write the doctrine into statute, without imposing the attendant obligation to flee for safety. Many have done so, including Alabama, Arizona, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Mississippi and South Dakota. In 2007, Texas took things a step farther, and expanded its law to protect shooters who act in self-defense or act to stop certain crimes anywhere the shooter has a legal right to be - such as at work, in his car or the like.

Other legal responses have been more creative still. A year after Columbine, Kentucky lawmakers agreed to repeal a law that two years before had given every preacher, priest or minister a special legal right to carry arms to the pulpit, with a handgun in the holster underneath the frock. Still, lawmakers refused to ban pistols completely from the pews. Instead, they left it up to churches to decide for themselves whether anybody, preacher or layman, can go to church carrying a piece.

The biggest change of all came last year at the Supreme Court, when the justices struck down what had been the strictest gun-control ordinance in the country - the ban on handguns in murder-plagued Washington, D.C. Taking only its second gun-rights case in 70 years, the court established for the first time that the Second Amendment, like the First, enshrines fundamental rights that belong to each citizen, not just the community as a whole. The implications for state and local gun-control laws haven't yet been fully understood - and probably won't for years to come as lower-court cases work out how to interpret the ruling

Scuba_Dave

Extreme DIY Homeowner
Reaction score
Website
holidaves.com
They now have a program here turn in your guns and get a camera
http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_28893.aspx
if people want to do this that's their choice but at least they have a choice.

They did that here
I saw my mom heading out the door with a gun one day
"They will give me $50 at the Police station for it"
I gave her $50 & took the octagon barrel .22 from her :)
I have a Remington .22 also
And a sharpshooter rifle from WWI - not complete

Peanut9199

Reaction score
Seen this before and thought it was interesting.
...Outlaw guns. Why not?

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, approximately 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
In 1928, Germany established gun control. From 1939 to 1945, 13 million Jews, gypsies, homo******s, the mentally ill, and others, who were unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
In 1935, China established gun control. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents were unable to defend themselves and were rounded up and exterminated.
In 1964, Guatemala established gun control. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
In 1970, Uganda established gun control. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
In 1956, Cambodia established gun control. From 1975 to 1977, one million "educated" people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
That places total victims who lost their lives at the hands of their own governments because of gun control at approximately 56 million in the last century.

Peanut9199

Reaction score
They did that here
I saw my mom heading out the door with a gun one day
"They will give me $50 at the Police station for it"
I gave her $50 & took the octagon barrel .22 from her :)
I have a Remington .22 also
And a sharpshooter rifle from WWI - not complete

It's funny i seen a Bertta Cheetah in Nickel on one of the tables on the news and i thought dam i would have given him 2 camera's for that.

MN-E

Reaction score
"So, as citizens, should we have the right to bear nuclear arms? Chemical weapons? Bio-engineered?"
For keeping our own "self-government" in check?

No. Simply because we have a constitutional right to bear arms... Right?

We may use the aforementioned weapons for our personal safety, to protect ourselves from an oppressive government (as referenced in an earlier thread), or some other reason.
Regardless of what we use them for, the simple fact remains that we have the right to bear these arms, and any laws which would prevent us from doing so would be unconstitutional.

Right?

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Maybe someone could write within the law classifications, like if ...
the gun is an antique or something. Kind of like the different ways you can register your cars. My neighbor has a Model T and it has different plates on it.

You are placing way to much trust in our 2 party system...
You may think it's a left/right thing but it all comes down to the same old thing...

obamacrap.jpg

I'll never trust them enough to hand over my weapons...
The day they ask it is a sign that you will be needing them very soon.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Seen this before and thought it was interesting.

...Outlaw guns. Why not?

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, approximately 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1917, 1.5 million Armenians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
In 1928, Germany established gun control. From 1939 to 1945, 13 million Jews, gypsies, homo******s, the mentally ill, and others, who were unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
In 1935, China established gun control. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents were unable to defend themselves and were rounded up and exterminated.
In 1964, Guatemala established gun control. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
In 1970, Uganda established gun control. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
In 1956, Cambodia established gun control. From 1975 to 1977, one million "educated" people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
That places total victims who lost their lives at the hands of their own governments because of gun control at approximately 56 million in the last century.

There seems to be a pattern!

Frenchie

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
Well, here's a query...
I've been told that the 2nd amendment exists, in part, to empower citizens to fight against the government if tyranny rears its ugly head someday.
And, we realize that "right to bear arms" isn't written to be limited to firearms.
So, as citizens, should we have the right to bear nuclear arms? Chemical weapons? Bio-engineered?

I mean, if everything's going to be fair, don't you & I (and your next door neighbor or whomever) have those rights also included in the 2nd amendment?
I should be able to manufacture anthrax in my basement and walk around with a "dirty bomb" in my suitcase...

...right?

(PS... Dear FBI-guy monitoring the interwebs: I swear, this is just a hypothetical & philosophical question. I'm not really arguing in favor of this.)

You have the right to freedom of speech; you do not have the right to yell "fire!" in a crowded theater.

Beyond that, it gets pretty partisan, pretty fast.

Be aware of a new bill HR 45 introduced into the House.
This is the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009.

Even gun shop owners didn't know about this because it is flying under the radar.

To find out about this - go to any government website and type in HR 45 or Google HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009 . You will get all the information.

Basically this would make it illegal to own a firearm - any rifle with a clip or ANY pistol unless:
.It is registered
.You are fingerprinted
.You supply a current Driver's License
.You supply your Social Security #
.You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing.
.Each update - change or ownership through private or public sale must be reported and costs $25 - Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail.
.There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a child-access provision. Gun must be locked and inaccessible to any child under 18.
They would have the right to come and inspect that you are storing your gun safely away from accessibility to children and fine is punishable for up to 5 yrs. in prison.

If you think this is a joke - go to the website and take your pick of many options to read this. It is long and lengthy. But, more and more people are becoming aware of this. Pass the word along. Any hunters in your family - pass this along.

This is just a "termite" approach to complete confiscation of guns and disarming of our society to the point we have no defense - chip away a little here and there until the goal is accomplished before anyone realizes it.

This is one to act on whether you own a gun or not.
If you take my gun, only the criminal will have one to use against me. HR 45 only makes me/us less safe. After working with convicts for 26 years I know this bill, if passed, would make them happy and in less danger from their victims.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.45:
http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/show
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-45

I just went & had a look at THOMAS (Library of Congress website). I was expecting to find nothing, or something being exaggerated... as usual... but there it is.

I doubt it would stand up to a court challenge, but in the meantime it doesn't hurt to write some letters. The list of people to focus on now, are the members of the House Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, and Homeland Security:

http://judiciary.house.gov/about/subcrime.html

There's your list. Start writing.

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
"So, as citizens, should we have the right to bear nuclear arms? Chemical weapons? Bio-engineered?"

(ljo: For keeping our own "self-government" in check?)

No. Simply because we have a constitutional right to bear arms... Right?

We may use the aforementioned weapons for our personal safety, to protect ourselves from an oppressive government (as referenced in an earlier thread), or some other reason.
Regardless of what we use them for, the simple fact remains that we have the right to bear these arms, and any laws which would prevent us from doing so would be unconstitutional.

Right?

I am not aware of the constitution giving anyone the right to bear "nuclear arms? Chemical weapons? Bio-engineered?", but neither am I any kind of constitutional expert. Nevertheless, I do comprehend your point.

As I understand things, "we the people" (the USA) bears those kinds of arms (nuclear and such) to destroy other people or whatever else outside our own borders. Then, or maybe even prior to that, we citizens have the right to bear our own personal arms to defend ourselves against any "we the people" ever gone bad ... and it would certainly be foolish for us to use "nuclear arms? Chemical weapons? Bio-engineered?" to do that. So, and even though it might be unconstitutional to restrict you or me from having WMDs, I am personally glad my neighbors have no silos for aiming weapons at my grandchildren.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
ITo do what? Not meaning to put you or anyone else on the spot here, I simply suggest it is far too late for whatever you might have in mind to ever actually happen ... and I say that mostly because there would not be sufficient unity to get it done even if the combined weaponry might be great.

Possibly so, but again: To what end?

Noble thoughts. My idea is much more immediate and more pragmatic: I see unfortunately an increasing need here in the Southwest ( northern Mexico as they would say) to be concerned about out-of-work illegal aliens and drug cartel violence potentially moving into the neigborhoods where just regular old Americans live.

This whole thread may get us on the "list" at homeland security as rabble rousers!

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
I got this chain e-mail thing from some one about a speech that Darrell Scott, the father of Rachel Joy Scott — a student killed in the 1999 shootings at Columbine High School in Littleton, Colorado , gave to the Subcommittee on Crime of the House Judiciary Committee. So I had to look it up to see if was an urban legend or true. Found that it is true. Here is the speech that he gave. Which I agree with him 100%.

"Since the dawn of creation there has been both good & evil in the hearts of
men and women. We all contain the seeds of kindness or the seeds of
violence. The death of my wonderful daughter, Rachel Joy Scott, and the
deaths of that heroic teacher, and the other eleven children who died must
not be in vain. Their blood cries out for answers." "The first recorded act of
violence was when Cain slew his brother Abel out in the field.

The villain was not the club he used. Neither was it the NCA, the National
Club Association. The true killer was Cain, and the reason for the murder
could only be found in Cain's heart. "In the days that followed the Columbine
tragedy, I was amazed at how quickly fingers began to be pointed at groups
such as the NRA.

I am not a member of the NRA. I am not a hunter. I do not even own a gun.
I am not here to represent or defend the NRA - because I don't believe that
they are responsible for my daughter's death. Therefore I do not believe
that they need to be defended. If I believed they had anything to do with
Rachel's murder I would be their strongest opponent."

"I am here today to declare that Columbine was not just a tragedy-it was a
spiritual event that should be forcing us to look at where the real blame lies!
Much of the blame lies here in this room.

Much of the blame lies behind the pointing fingers of the accusers
themselves. "I wrote a poem that expresses my feelings best. This was
written way before I knew I would be speaking here today:"

Your laws ignore our deepest needs,
Your words are empty air.
You've stripped away our heritage,
You've outlawed simple prayer.
Now gunshots fill our classrooms,
And precious children die.
You seek for answers everywhere,
And ask the question "Why?"
You regulate restrictive laws,
Through legislative creed.
And yet you fail to understand,
That God is what we need!​

"Men and women are three-part beings. We all consist of body, soul, and
spirit. When we refuse to acknowledge a third part of our make-up, we
create a void that allows evil, prejudice, and hatred to rush in and reek
havoc. Spiritual influences were present within our educational systems for
most of our nation's history. Many of our major colleges began as theological
seminaries. This is a historical fact.

What has happened to us as a nation? We have refused to honor God, and in
so doing, we open the doors to hatred and violence. And when something as
terrible as Columbine's tragedy occurs politicians immediately look for a
scapegoat such as the NRA. They immediately seek to pass more restrictive
laws that contribute to erode away our personal and private liberties.

We do not need more restrictive laws." Eric and Dylan would not have been
stopped by metal detectors. No amount of gun laws can stop someone who
spends months planning this type of massacre. The real villain lies within our
own hearts.

Political posturing and restrictive legislation are not the answers. The young
people of our nation hold the key. There is a spiritual awakening taking place
that will not be squelched! We do not need more religion. We do not need
more gaudy television evangelists spewing out verbal religious garbage. We
do not need more million dollar church buildings built while people with basic
needs are being ignored.

We do need a change of heart and a humble acknowledgment that this
nation was founded on the principle of simple trust in God!" "As my son Craig
lay under that table in the school library and saw his two friends murdered
before his very eyes, He did not hesitate to pray in school. I defy any law or
politician to deny him that right!

I challenge every young person in America, and around the world, to realize
that on April 20, 1999, at Columbine High School prayer was brought back to
our schools. Do not let the many prayers offered by those students be in
vain. Dare to move into the new millennium with a sacred disregard for
legislation that violates your God-given right to communicate with Him. To
those of you who would point your finger at the NRA- I give to you a sincere
challenge.

Dare to examine your own heart before casting the first stone! My daughter's
death will not be in vain! The young people of this country will not allow that
to happen!"
http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bldarrellscott.htm

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks