Yet another single to double vanity post

Users who are viewing this thread

XR4ti

Reaction score
Hello -

I am considering switching to a double vanity, so I opened up my wall a bit to see how the lav drains currently.

The lav drains 4 feet to the left into a sani-tee which vents up to the attic, and I assume it is also a wet vent for the toilet.

I made a hand drawing of what I'm guessing should be the proper way to drain the double vanity. I move the current sani-tee down slightly, and utilize a double fixture fitting.

Does this seem right for code in Wisconsin?

Attachments

• dwv5.jpg
    dwv5.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 915
  • dwv6.jpg
    dwv6.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 971
  • dwv9.jpg
    dwv9.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 2,134
  • gold-star.png
    gold-star.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 9,015
Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
lavs

Finally, someone who wants to do it correctly. However, you do not have to go all the way to the midpoint between them. Just far enough past the first one to make the connection is all that is needed.

XR4ti

Reaction score
A quick update to this...

I forgot to note that the existing sani-tee is 2" x 1-1/2" x 1-1/2". All of the double fixture fittings I see are 2" x 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" x 1-1/2".

I don't believe I can run 2" to the bottom of the new fitting, because I'm working with a 2x6 exterior wall, and drilling for a 2" pipe would exceed the 40% rule on drilling holes through the studs..

Is there such thing as a 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" double fixture fitting? Just wondering if anyone here has an idea how I could revise this to make it workable. What comes to mind is reducing the bottom of the fixture to 1-1/2" with a bushing.

Thanks!

double_lav_white.jpg

Iminaquagmire

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
There is no all 1 1/2" double fixture fitting. Unless the stack which you're tying into is 1 1/2" (which would be odd around here) just use 2" back. The issue with the 40% rule can be solved with stud shoes.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks