Advice? Round plunger doesn't work w/ oval hole!

Users who are viewing this thread

jlamb

Reaction score
Any suggestions? My round plunger won't get a good seal on the oval hole in the toilet.

Thanks for any help/suggestions!

Jim

korky_plunger.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Get a 3' General or, Ridgid closet auger with a drop head...
And learn how to use it...

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
Get a 3' General or, Ridged closet auger with a drop head...
And learn how to use it...

Dude I never ever use the drop head augers unless its a wall hung water closet. I seen to many people bust out the tops of their traps with the drop head augers. A good K-3 Ridged Auger is just fine.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Dude I never ever use the drop head augers unless its a wall hung water closet. I seen to many people bust out the tops of their traps with the drop head augers. A good K-3 Ridged Auger is just fine.

And I have seen many things left behind by a bulb head auger.

I have pulled many things out of toilets with my drop head and I have never broken a toilet yet...

I believe it is possible in the hands of the incompetent...

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
And I have seen many things left behind by a bulb head auger.

I have pulled many things out of toilets with my drop head and I have never broken a toilet yet...

I believe it is possible in the hands of the incompetent...

I carried both,if one did`nt work the The other would.And neither worked
time for further action.

SewerRatz

Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
I carry three augers on my truck A modified K-6 and K-3 and a General drop head auger. The modification I do is I take a hammer and chisel and cut off the front part of the bulb to make a more extreme hook on the end. There used to be a auger manufacture that mad a straight auger with a nice open hook, but they got bought out and got real cheap in quality.

SewerRatz

Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
Oh make that four augers, almost forgot my old Marco auger with the extra limber cable for making the turns in them Elger water closets super tight turns they have in their trap-way.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks