Supply Line Questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

hhcibtpaun

Reaction score
OK, I think I have all my venting figured out for my basement bathroom, so now I am moving onto the supply lines. I have come up with a configuration that will allow me to feed the tub/shower, toilet and sink without crossing vents or supply lines.

Basically, I was going to run 3/4" supply lines everywhere, then stub out with 1/2". The main supply for that bathroom will run about 4 feet before it turns down the wall. In the picture the horizontal runs are about 5 or 6 feet.

From a book I have, it tells me the toilet stubout should be 8" above the floor, and the sink stubouts 19". Should I add an inch to these numbers to account for a finished floor?

Is 3/4" everywhere overkill? Should I supply the toilet and sink with 1/2"?

On a final note, my drain for the sing is about 17" above the floor, is that ok?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks...Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

hhcibtpaun

Reaction score
Normally for a bath room set, I would run 1/2 for hot, and 3/4 on the cold with branches being 1/2"

Thanks for the quick response. Any reason the hot is smaller? For the cold, what is considered a branch? The stubouts, or the long leads to the fixtures?

Also, I assume it does not matter that my supply lines for the sink are to the right of the drain? I know it seems standard that the supplies usually surround the drain...

TIA....Mike

Last edited:

Msgale

Reaction score
with hot supply pipes,the bigger the diameter, the more wasted time and water when you first turnit on in the morning, after the hot water in the pipe cools, your faucet will not deliver hot water until the pipe full of cooled off water is replaced, so you pay for each increase in diameter.
this of course doesn't apply to cold.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks