Electrical Engineer allowed to do Electrical work?

Users who are viewing this thread

W

willijimon

hi,m
Have been reading in some other posts and the Electrical Safety Act 2002 that Electrical Engineers are able to carry out household electrical works? IS this true or have I misread the info? Also if this is the case, ie that electrical work can be carried out by an engineer, how does one get a cert of compliance.

Thanks

johnnyb14

Reaction score
The short answer is NO.

The system is setup as a very closed shop and doesn't seem to allow for any exemptions for professionally qualified engineers - effectively, the only way to obtain a licence is via an apprenticeship.

In my view, the system is well overdue for an overhaul.

Radon Contractor and Water Treatment
Reaction score
Website
www.78radon.com
The short answer is NO.

The system is setup as a very closed shop and doesn't seem to allow for any exemptions for professionally qualified engineers - effectively, the only way to obtain a licence is via an apprenticeship.

In my view, the system is well overdue for an overhaul.

Not exactly true. Check with your state. Connecticut allows for a EE to sit for and Unlimited Electrical license ... if you pass, you are now an electrical contractor.

Speedy Petey

Licensed Electrical Contractor
Reaction score
johnnyb14 is probably the same person as the OP.
He has posted this exact same reply on most of the boards that the OP posted to, even ones that have absolutely no relation to electrical work.

johnnyb14 - IP: 117.199.22.174

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks