Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
TOTO is raising prices February 1 2009

Some of the price increases will be as much as 18%
I will be having to change the shopping cart pricing to reflect the added costs.
This week would be a good time to buy before the price increases hit.

Last June 2008, Gerber raised their pricing 20%

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
so you get an improved toilet for the higher price.

I think what they do is inspect the product before boxing and don't use homeowners and plumbers for their final inspection.

I think other companies just ship anything that they can squeeze into a box and hope it works.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Are there any other companies raising their prices?

Any reason given as to why the prices are going up?

I guess I'll be ordering that drake tomorrow!!

Well, have you looked at the price of a water heater or air conditioner lately? How about the price of a jug of R22?

Everything is up. The government line about low inflation is ^@#$^$@#

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
Well, I went to the local building supply store today...

I got a quote for a Drake two weeks ago at $350. Now they want $430!!!

The prices are in Canadian.

Our Exchange rate (Toto US price book) was 1.10 as of Nov 1 we went to 1.30 because of the dollar.
So the price would be correct and now Feb first they are increasing the price again and drake are going up over 5% round front is going up 19%.

I am looking at switching people to Gwyneth 2pc for what you get list is $510.00 and Drake ADA is the same price and you get Double Cyclon and CEFIONTECT included. The Map test on the Gwyneth is 800.

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
The price of a large candy bar now is $1.30...the days of .99 cents are forever gone and I won't even bother to buy at this point.

Like fast food, you're paying for the experience, not the value or quantity of the food.

Every year the price of everything goes up in plumbing, it's guaranteed. Always a few weeks after christmas.

Those guys who run new construction always get hurt the most, because they are running rail thin margins to begin with.

Either their competitor bought before the increase and can keep low or you take the hit out of your profit margin.

Thank goodness I'm long gone from that nonsense.

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
oh my, thanks for the heads up. I hope they add something to the products that does a counterbalance effect.. so you get an improved toilet for the higher price.

Effect?

Try quality, a steady reputation of reliability.

When the cost of fuel doubled, did you ask the cashier if the fuel comes with a free lighter, hibachi grill?

Comon dude what's wrong with you?!@??!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks