Foremost Gemini 2100

Users who are viewing this thread

nanoec

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the Foremost Gemini 1 piece dual flush toilet?
http://www.foremostcanada.com/products.php?prdid=243

Specifically, I am curious about ease of installation, flush mechanism quality, sound, and water spot. I like the looks of this better than the other dual flush toilets I've come across (e.g. TOTO Aquia). I know TOTO is the top of the line but maybe this one is passable? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• gemini_toilet.jpg
    gemini_toilet.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 6,112
Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Let me answer your question with one of my own. Why would you intentionally install a toilet of unknown quality, unknown manufacturer, and unknown parts availability? When you consider a toilet is the most used appliance in a home. It is used several times a day, seven days per week, 52 weeks of the year, and is expected to perform flawlessly for 30 years or more by every member of the household why does it make sense to you to go with the unknown and the unproven just to "save" a few dollars?

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
I have not seen one installed, i have dealt with Foremost and have heard good things about them.
They are a Big Box distributor and sell to mostly all of them, i don't see parts as being a problem to get. The Map test on the TL2100L is 1000 so it seems to be a very good flush.
The water spot is unknown to me i have never seen one.
Toto does not make an 1pc Dual flush.

Micp879

Reaction score
Being he is a first time poster on this site, it is a distinct possibility that ALL toilets are unknown to him. That could be why he is asking for opinions on this model by Foremost. If that is the case, give the guy credit for trying to find things out about this toilet rather than just going out and buying it. Technically, Toto's could be unknown to him as well. He may very well not know that many people on this site consider Foremost an "unknown" brand; that might be why he is asking.

Last edited:

nanoec

Reaction score
Gary - I've been reviewing toilets off and on for a bit on this site so understand where you are coming from. I am cognizant of the quality of the Toto product and having done business in Japan, can definitely appreciate it. I have seen an Aquia first hand and was not 100% happy with it. Primarily, the small water spot is something I know my wife will not like and as you said, it is something you have to live with for 30 years. The Gemini has the look & features we want in our bathroom (modern, 1-piece, & dual flush) and actually the price is about $150 more than the price I've found for an Aquia in Cupertino, CA. But I haven't seen a post for it so figured I'd ask in case someone has some firsthand experience with it.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Foremost North American HQ is in Canada. They are the company who provides Glacier Bay toilets to HD, and apparenty several other "no name" builders toilets.

The issue has always been availability of parts ( forget it!). Quality is OK, but I have not seen any of their models in the high flushability end of the charts.

nanoec

Reaction score
So I ended up going with the Eco Ultramax one piece at 1.28 gpf, installing it last Saturday. I purchased it for about the same price as the Foremost Gemini. The looks are about the same, the waterspot looks like a normal toilet, and it has performed great (no 2nd flushes and is quiet (at least by our standards & compared to our old cheapo 1.6 gpf Am Std but in by previous owner). Given that th Eco Ultramax is 1.28 gpf while the Gemini is 1.1/1.6, we are saving more water. I didn't see the 1 piece, Eco as an option before so glad I did more research here on the board. It fits our modern, Eichler home perfectly! Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
I have worked on a couple of repairs for these products and beleive me, they are a pain in the butt. Those dual flush systems need alot to be desired. They are very close to where I live, but getting parts are just a pain.

EdT

Reaction score
I was looking at Rona/Foremost Château dual flush at Rona for $249

2003354.jpg

Dual flush toilet, 4.1-L push button insulated tank. 15 3/4 in. Its dual flush (HET) system will greatly reduce your household water consumption. Made of white porcelain. Seat included. Also offered with 6-L tank.

Any good ?, the salesman told me contractors bought them all up, so none in stock !

Tell me one toilet that is not made in China, Mexico or Ecuador, I'll pick made in China over the others !

I know Toto Aquia and Gerber Ultraflush are good, but to find a source in Montreal is a pain and you have to travel a distance to find them.

Last edited:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
If the contractors are buying them, that should send you a message. Contractors are known for putting cheap junk toilets in their homes. Homeowners usually have to replace them within a couple of years.

rebelondeck

Reaction score
I have had a Foremost Gemini toilet for two years. I have just replaced the fill valve; I had a three-year warranty. The (rubber?) seals were surprisingly degraded. I have three other toilets (Toto and American Standard) in my house and they show no such degredation whatsoever. My water is from a city supply and is soft. I'm now concerned that the flush mechanism may fail because of the same problem. Other than that, it works well.

ColdCanuck

Reaction score
Ditto

I have had a Foremost Gemini toilet for two years. I have just replaced the fill valve; I had a three-year warranty. The (rubber?) seals were surprisingly degraded. I have three other toilets (Toto and American Standard) in my house and they show no such degredation whatsoever. My water is from a city supply and is soft. I'm now concerned that the flush mechanism may fail because of the same problem. Other than that, it works well.

That post summarizes my experience exactly. same time frame, same problem. I expect better for a $400 toilet. It would be great if Rona would support the products it sells better because they told me to contact Foremost directly.

I also find the toilet seat that is included with the unit is made for narrow butts. Perhaps this is because of the oblong bowl shape, but if you're over 200 lbs, make sure to test it before buying.

Cory

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks