New DW recommendation

Users who are viewing this thread

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Our 1996 Bosch DW recently developed a serious short in the time timer which blew the switch out. Repairs will cost too much, so we are looking to replace with a fairly high end machine in the $800 or so range. We like the looks of the Bosch SHE45MO5UC, but have a question about their method of drying dishes with condensation drying. We are not restricting our choice to this brand or model, but we did like out old Bosch and our repairman recommended the new Bosch as a good choice. Advice and opinions welcome.

CarlH

Reaction score
For that price range you should be able to get something pretty decent. My previous dishwasher was a Maytag that got recalled. Through the recall they offered to have somebody come out to fix it or they offered $75 toward purchasing a new unit but limited to their brands. We ended up getting a mid level Kitchen Aid. We only have a year or two on the new Kitchen Aid and so far we have been happy with the performance. There is a substantial difference between the construction of the the old Maytag and the new Kitchen Aid. I like to find online reviews for big purchases like this, but it may be difficult to find reviews on particular models.

Although we have been happy with our Kitchen Aid, not all models come out well in the reviews.

I've heard good things about Bosch and that model you mentioned seems to get good reviews.

Basement_Lurker

One who lurks
Reaction score
I would suggest you look at whirlpool in terms of overall quality. However if you want something really fancy, then electrolux makes some nice units.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks