Plumbing Code Queston and Boilers

Users who are viewing this thread

holden94

Reaction score
I recently posted about a indoor wood boiler. I was wondering if there is anything in the IPC/IRC/IMC that requires a heat dump zone for boiers in the event of a power outage? When we had our Greenwood 100 installed we requested that it be "protected" by a dump zone for power outages to minimize the chance for boil overs. It seemed like a reasonable request but we did not get that. I expect a TP valve is required at the least. Looking for some recourse on a job gone bad and the installer will not do the work to make it right. Any thoughts?

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
The plumbing codes do not address boilers but the National Mechanical code does. However, it does not say you need a dump zone. However, the rule is that you do what the manufacturers instructions say at all times.

Jar546

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.inspectpa.com
The plumbing codes do not address boilers but the National Mechanical code does. However, it does not say you need a dump zone. However, the rule is that you do what the manufacturers instructions say at all times.

Yes, it is manufacturer specific and not in the codes. I will 2nd that.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks