Kitchen Sink Tap not working

Users who are viewing this thread

Pleasehekp!

Reaction score
HiHi!
I have a bit of a dilemmaevery six months or so our kitchen sink tap just stops working, we turn it on and no water comes out, except a bit of dripping. We leave it in the *up on* position for a couple hours (a day or so) and it begins to drip harder until we turn it off, with force, and then turn it back on and it works. However, it has been two day, and it is not coming back on, it is dripping ever so slightly, but it wont come back on...we have the aerator (thingy) off. and we aren't so handy...maybe we should just purchase a new sink tap?? Please help!

Pleasehekp!

Reaction score
hey - thanks for responding...yes we are in the middle of replacing it....umm, no our side sprayer has never worked for like 5 years, but does that have anything to do with the tap not working? Please respond, thanks! :confused:

Pleasehekp!

Reaction score
no, not in Switzerland or Manitoba, or wherever...umm, but does the side sprayer have something to do with anything - cause it hasn't worked for a while? Any other suggestions? Please ?:confused:

Kingsotall

Plunger/TurdPuncher
Reaction score
hey Red,
there was a guy got pulled over by the cops. They asked him, "where you from¿" He replied, "oh here and there" Cop says, "where you going¿" Guy smiles, "maybe somewhere near, maybe somewhere far." Cop jails him and in court he asks the judge, "when am I gonna get out¿" Judge smirks, "sooner or later."

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I like the way Tom Mabe asks it in the taped phone conversation that Cookie posted where a telemarketer gets pranked.

"Geographically speaking where are you from?"
"If I want to mail your @$$ a letter what do I write on the envelope?"

There was a good reason for asking this question and Rugged was not being funny...
This is an internet forum and we have no idea were you are posting from.
In some countries the plumbing is very different from what we have in the US.
The reason why your kitchen faucet stops flowwing could be very different if you were in the UK for instance vs. the US.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
My dogs sounds spanish when he sneezes, I swear!

no, not in Switzerland or Manitoba, or wherever...umm, but does the side sprayer have something to do with anything - cause it hasn't worked for a while? Any other suggestions? Please ?:confused:

Well I'm going to keep asking useless questions because you started a thread missing the most crucial piece of information,

the brand name of the faucet. When the word "taps" is used, it usually is somewhere outside united states, especially when mm specs are mentioned.

So.....brazil? Maybe North Shore India? How about Cleese Mountains?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks