rough drain set up for kitchen sink.....look ok?

Users who are viewing this thread

Bbillcee

Reaction score
can i use 2 90's like this?

Attachments

• scan0003.jpg
    scan0003.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 496

Bbillcee

Reaction score
You could but, why not just bring the trap out under the tail piece?

it would kill alot of space for storage in cabinet
and there is a 2 in gal nipple that comes out the wall and attaches to a heavy brass trap then the trap reduces to 1 1/2....keeps the trap tight to the back of cab

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
How about raising the drain in the wall.
Just inside the wall is there an elbow with the drain to the side or is there a tee with a vertical pipe.

Bbillcee

Reaction score
i think this will be the best way..... i just wasn't sure if using 2 90's was a no no or something

thanx for the help red

Bbillcee

Reaction score
would replacing the 90's with 45's and angling it be anymore desireable or same crap?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The smoother the transition to the trap means better scouring of the pipe and fewer deposits or clogs. Also, the longer that dirty arm is, the more chance of a smelly drain. The trap is what stops sewer gasses from coming back up into the house, but the insides of the pipe don't stay pristine...the longer it is, the more crud that can accumulate and start to smell. Only that portion after the trap is blocked from smelling.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drain

It would work, but would look like a handyman job. The slip nut connections are not always the tightest, so you could find yourself putting it back together every so often when it gets bumped and falls apart. Why do you have so much stuff under the sink?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
stuff

So do I, but they usually manage to fit it around the RO system, disposer, and sink trap. I wouldn't install a marginally bad drain, just so I could get more stuff in there.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks