Kitec tools / Help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Buddah

Reaction score
I built a new home 2 years ago. The plumber used Kitec pipe. A few days ago I developed a leak. The leak was at a joint where the 3/4 pipe connects to the manifold. My problem is nobody has the tools to re-crimp the joint. I terminated my relationship with the original plumber and can't call him back.

Researching this I've been told the pipe is no longer made and that I can't get any of the tools or suppiles needed to maintain it. Additionally I've read of class action lawsuites against the company due to joint failures. I'm wondering if I'm going to have continuous problems.

Can anyone help?

I'd like to purchase a set of crimping tools both 3/4 and 1/2 and a box of rings (or whatever there called) to re crimp joints.

Buddah

Reaction score
Why cant the brass fittings be replaced without pulling out all the pipes? I doesn't make sense.

Buddah

Reaction score
I'd still like to purchase the tools and rings... Know of anyone who has them to sell??

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
Why cant the brass fittings be replaced without pulling out all the pipes? I doesn't make sense.

Others including myself have made this statement about me many times, but I find you my stark competition now since you belted that in less than 3 posts.

This is WAR!!!!

To the topic,

You need to bite the bullet and start the process of healing, get estimates on a repipe because this slow boat to china just left shore and there's a huge hole in the underbelly, takin' in a whole lotta water.

Buddah

Reaction score
some master machinist should spec. out and create "new" non corroding fittings that fit kitec pipe.... You'd think someone smarter than I.. (which could be a lot of people) would have considered that option..

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks