Yet another Showerhead post

Users who are viewing this thread

JCturboT

Reaction score
After doing some recent upgrades in my main bathroom I decided to "treat" myself to a new showerhead.

I have (happily) lived with a Whedon FP4C for the last 15 years which has been moved from my bachelor apartment, and now resides in my Home.This is the model that has the removable brass discs to adjust for your water pressure.I have 3 of the 4 discs in the head so I would guesstimate it to flow around 3gpm.

I figured showerheads must have changed for the better over the last decade so after reading up on showerheads I tries a head that people rave about across the net-the Speakman Anystream 6 jet.

It lasted all of about 1 minute in my shower before I was reaching for my wrench for removal...I hated the "criss-cross" spray pattern and just didn't have the "ummph" I was looking for.I returned it that day.

I have 2 other showerheads on order...a Alsons 654CPK and the one I am hoping will be "the one"-a Sloan AC-11 Act-O-Matic Shower Head

Does anyone have any experience with the Sloan AC-11?

Jeff

Last edited:

JCturboT

Reaction score
Well, the Alsons 654CPK was a bust :(

Very little water flow to speak of and didn't do one thing right besides put a "dew" all over my bathroom walls & ceiling.

The Sloan AC-11 is due in this Monday,I'll post my thoughts on that when it arrives.

Jeff

JCturboT

Reaction score
After spending a week with the Sloan AC-11 here is my opinion...

While it is a nice,heavy, American made shower head that self-cleans after ever use, I still like my Whedon better.

The Sloan is more of a "gentle shower" and while it is 10X better than the Alsons it doesn't have the force that I have grown accustom to with the Whedon so I placed my order for another Whedon FP4C.

Sometimes the grass isn't always greener...

I could always try the Fire Hydrant shower heads from Water Management ;)

Jeff

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Yea I saw the joke. :D
I'm surprised that they haven't latched onto your thread yet.

I'm surprised that you didn't like the Speakman Anystream showerhead.
I have one that I really like.
Which model(s) did you try?

8 jet with massage is mine.

It sounds like you are looking for a more straight direct forceful spray you might try these in your quest....
http://www.speakmancompany.com/products/detail/S-2220-AF
http://www.speakmancompany.com/products/detail/S-2291-AF
http://www.speakmancompany.com/products/detail/S-2292-AF
http://www.speakmancompany.com/products/detail/S-2288-AF
We just might like different things.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
shower head

The old shower head from 15 years ago did not have a maximum flow requirement. The new one will, so do not be surprised if it turns out to be no better than the ones you have tried. They not only don't make things like they used to, in many cases they never made them that way.

JCturboT

Reaction score
Redwood,
The Speakman model that I tried was the S-2252-AF 6-jet version.

I had read great reviews about this shower head but I really disliked the criss-cross spray pattern and even when adjusted as a regular shower head it didn't come anywhere near the spray pattern I like.I returned it after one shower.

I did check out several of the Speakman models you mentioned but I am accumilating showerheads at an alarming rate and my Wife is really starting to question my sanity. I have another Wheadon ordered as well as one more shower head to add to the collection,a Chatham model #359.

I like a shower with a nice force and so far the Whedon FP4C is the clear cut winner.

Jeff

Last edited:

JCturboT

Reaction score
The old shower head from 15 years ago did not have a maximum flow requirement. The new one will, so do not be surprised if it turns out to be no better than the ones you have tried. They not only don't make things like they used to, in many cases they never made them that way.

Actually the Whedon FP4C is a 2.5 gallon shower head.

What I like about this shower head is that it has 4 removal brass discs each with a progressively larger hole so you can adjust the flow of water by removing or adding a disc.
As you know the Federal Government has mandated a flow of 2.5 gallons for shower heads.This is fine by my book but that measurment is taken at 80psi, a rate which not everone has in their Home.

I had mentioned earlier in my post to Redwood that I have a Chatham model # 359 shower head coming in as well.I have the same exact model that I removed from my Grandparents house years ago already in my collection.It has to be 30-35 years old that has no flow restrictors in it,just a wide open hole.

The Whedon FP4C has more pressure/force than the Chatham which put out twice the water!

I just got a deal I couldn't pass down on the Chatham so I figured what's one more-right?

What is unusual about the Chatham #359 is that it is the only shower head I have seen that truly shuts-off the water flow-not just lets a trickle out.

I never use that option, and have heard it's not safe to do it for any length of time due to scalding water but it's a nice head just the same and I wanted to compare the 2.5 gallon version to my older shower head.

Jeff

Last edited:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Some of those I linked above I believe have a more direct spray pattern with the center moving in and out regulating the fine or coarseness of the spray.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks