Tapping into a natural gas black pipe line

Users who are viewing this thread

Jar546

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.inspectpa.com
You gotta love some homeowners: Low pressure water line to run a gas appliance by feeding natural gas to a propane unit. Love how they run the low pressure plastic line near the base of the hot water heater burn chamber.

Gasline1.jpg

Gasline2.jpg

Gasline3.jpg

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
That is pretty freaky.

I saw a television show on some of the HD channels the other night that showed industrial gas explosions.
One was a recent incident in Tacoma that I felt as I was eating lunch in a restaurant about a mile away from the explosion. The lights flickered and the ground shook. My first thought was an earthquake.
A large propane tank had gone off,
The driver of the tanker died from burns and several others were seriously injured.

Video here

Story here

Last edited:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
next:

http://www.ramonasentinel.com/

Just happend on last Thursday. They have identified the dead man, but have not established why he was in the house. May have been stealing copper. Or maybe installing a new gas appliance@!

Note that the garage door is some 30 feet down the driveway near the street. All the windows on both floors blown out, even before the fire destroyed the house totally.

Attachments

• HouseExplosion.jpg
    HouseExplosion.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 2,215
Last edited by a moderator:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I'm wondering if they make Kevlar reinforced duct tape...
A few more of these DIYer gas threads should put NH Master over the top...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks