No Hub Adapters

Users who are viewing this thread

Seaneys

Reaction score
Hello,

The plumbing inspector is asking that I use a no-hub ADAPTER with the no-hug fitting in my dwv system. The connection is from 3" pvc to 3" pvc (not buried).

Are these a common fitting? They are not referred to on the Fernco site and the local plumbing supply store was not certain how they should be used.

Is there a special no-hub fitting / gasket for use with the adapters? The fernco no hub fittings look like they might be about 1/2 short.

Thanks a ton!

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
A no-hub coupling is a "shielded coupling" that prevents the pipes from "shifting",

Attachments

• NoHub.jpg
    NoHub.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 2,727
Last edited:

Seaneys

Reaction score
A no-hub coupling is a "shielded coupling" that prevents the pipes from "shifting",

Hello,

He's asking me to use the no-hub fitting in conjunction with a no-hub adapter. I have not run into the adapter before. It is a pvc fitting that looks like it will help to prevent the ends of the pipe from moving.

I can not find anything about this on the web or my books.

Thanks a lot!

Steve

Attachments

• 14024.jpg
    14024.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 1,567

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
adapter

The bead would make a tighter connection, but good luck finding one. I have NEVER seen one in the past 5+ decades. I have used them for copper because of the disparity beteen the pipes' o.d.'s but never for schedule 40 PVC or ABS. BUT they could require a pipe specific transition coupling, with the lable on top so he can see the types of pipe it is sized for, instead of a No-Hub coupling.

E

elvisclock

The last company I worked for used them all the time.We did not transition from cast to pvc without them.

Seaneys

Reaction score
I feel like throwing a party. The rough-in passed once I put in the no-hub adapters. My general contractor told me that the inspector failed two of his other jobs for the same reason I ran into.

The only other mistake I made was using a standard 90 degree bend when I went from horizontal to vertical (instead of a long bend). I can't believe I missed that.

This forum has been a huge help.

Steve

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
bend

I have never even seen a PVC or ABS no hub adapter ANYWHERE I have ever been, not had an inspector even mention wanting one. A long turn elbow is needed to go from vertical to horizontal, not horizontal to vertical, so unless you are referring to an upstream transition, he was being unrealistic.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks