Back to back toilets

Users who are viewing this thread

JimBt

Reaction score
I have an old house and would like to add a bathroom. If possible I`d like to create the new bathroom back to back with the existing one, sharing the wet wall. My question is how to install a toilet back to back with the existing one. Are there fittings available for 2 toilets on the same stack. My old stack is cast iron so I`m going to have to cut it off and install PVC. The venting shouldn`t be a problem but I can`t figure out the main connection.

Any help and stories of experience would be appreciated.

Basement_Lurker

One who lurks
Reaction score
You need to use a double fixture fitting, and not a sanitary cross. And you need to be aware of the maximum length for a toilet arm allowed by your code.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The new toilets do not work as well with fixture crosses as the old ones.
The double santees do not work at all.

With the quicker flushing toilets, it's important that they are vented and plumbed in such a way that the gush of water from one does not go up the other arm to the other toilet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks