Pex connection to toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

stockwatchn

Reaction score
Hi,
I can't seem to find a white sleeve to cover my 1/2" blue pex connection from the floor to my toilet...the escutcheon (what a wacky word) was easy to find but not the white sleeve. Does it have a special name, I checked a couple of websites but couldn't find it. Any help would be appreciated.

sw

stockwatchn

Reaction score
Yeah, That's what I'm looking for but in white ( the wife says the chrome doesn't go with the rest of the bathroom.) I know they make them because I had one on my toilet in my last house.

Reaction score
Website
www.howardemerson.com
Yeah, That's what I'm looking for but in white ( the wife says the chrome doesn't go with the rest of the bathroom.) I know they make them because I had one on my toilet in my last house.

Stock,
Here's my conversation with Livehelp over at PEXsupply.com:

PexSupply1: Welcome to our live chat support. How may I help you today?
Howard Emerson: Does anyone make a covering for exposed PEX that is supplying a toilet? I'd like something that is white to cover blue PEX. Any suggestions short of painting it, which may not be a good idea anyway?
PexSupply1: yea give me a sec
Howard Emerson: I'm timing you:)
PexSupply1: http://www.pexsupply.com/categories.asp?cID=481&brandid=
Howard Emerson: Thanks, but we're looking for white in this case. I know I like chrome, but not the home owner in this case.
PexSupply1: Thats the only item we have like that, maybe you could paint that piece?
Howard Emerson: Is there any particular paint that is unsafe to put on PEX?
PexSupply1: Not sure let me check
Howard Emerson: K
PexSupply1: I wouldnt reccommend painting the pex tubing, you could try sliding pvc over the tubing and painting that
Howard Emerson: Okay, thank you for your help! Take care.

So there you have it from one source.

Good luck!

HE

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
flange

the escutcheon (what a wacky word)

What's wacky about it other than that you have to learn to spell. Flange would be easier, but so would installing the valve right on the escutcheon without any pipe being visible, which is the way a plumber would do it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks