kitchen countertop remodel

Users who are viewing this thread

remodel

Reaction score
Just wanted to know if installing granite on a small kitchen would cost upwards of $7,000. I only have 42 sq ft and live in small town and think this guy is trying to take me.

Nate R

Reaction score
I've seen places that claim as low a $28/SF starting price. I'd think you could do better than $166. I dunno that I'd want the $28, but 60 sounds more reasonable. Given the small area, 80 doesn't sound out of line.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
price

The price depends on which granite you choose, the thickness, the way the edges are finished, and the complexity of the installation. The backsplash is usually priced differently from, and in addition to, the main counter. Some installations are $50.00/sq. ft. and others can go to $150.00. Even getting multiple bids can be deceiving unless you can be sure you are looking at the same materials.

Last edited:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
You have to be careful pricing granite....so that you compare apples to apples. Most places quote a base price per linear foot, or per square foot. Then, edge details are extra, cut outs are extra, etc.

The price of granite has come down a lot in the last 5~6 years....for the usual reason....they are getting it from CHINA.

Perhaps you want to check the thread just a few above this one, about RADON in granite. Might be a question you need to ask your supplier!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The raw price for granite can vary from in the $40's to over $200 (there's a really rare blue one that costs over this price) per square foot, not counting edges, sink cutouts and special features (like a sloped dish drainage area with SS or brass inserts, or rodded reinforcements to account for overhangs). Edging can cost from a few $/in to as much as $10 or so. A sink hole is often around $350-400.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks