What brand is the best for kitchen faucets?

Users who are viewing this thread

eastinway

Reaction score
Hi,
single gal homeowner here not happy with my "Moen" kitchen faucet which is leaving reddish brown marks on my corian countertop. So, I would like to replace it with another brand. Can anyone recommend a better brand name out there....

Mort

Reaction score
I've been pretty happy with the Pfister(sp) we installed four years ago. Guaranteed for life. The cartridge started to seep a bit last year and I had a new one in my mailbox three days later with no hassles.

How is you present faucet leaving marks on the countertop?????

Mort

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucet

Your problem may not be with the Moen faucet but rather with the way it was installed. My preferences nomally are Price Pfister, Delta, and then Moen, but it depends on which models you are interested in.

eastinway

Reaction score
Thanks for your replies....will I be able to get the rust off my corian counter top?

Thanks for your posts.
HJ, you might be right about the way it was installed.
Cass, the marks around the faucet are rust stains.

Does anyone know if I will be able to remove the rust marks from my corian counter top?:confused:

Southern Man

DIY Hillbilly
Reaction score
I was going to ask this same question, and searched first (of course). I am renovating a 14 year old "white" kitchen and am now looking for a single lever stainless faucet.

Of the three brands mentioned, I have never had a problem with Delta, have always had a problem with Moen, and have mixed experiences with Pfister.

I see Mort and HJ have PFister on the top of their list. I I like the style of one of theirs and am considering it for that reason, but here is why I am hesitating. About 9 years ago I replaced the Moen (leaking, chipped finish) with a single handle Pfister with a white finish. The problem that I have is that the handle always seems a bit loose (it's not) and the finish is crappy (always dull, stains, crap grows on it, especially on the "ball"). I know that a lot of my problem is simply with the white, which is apparently an epoxy paint or something.

I also had a Pfister at my previous house. Again, no leaks or anything, just a feel of looseness on the handle that I coud never seem to adjust out. I like the solid feel of the Delta.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
As opposed to most who offer a stainless look, Grohe has an actual SS body faucet (I have one in my kitchen). It wasn't cheap, and other brands may last as long, but it is (or at least has been!?) solid.

Southern Man

DIY Hillbilly
Reaction score
I have seen those before and was wondering if you got what you paid for. Apparently the answer is "yes". Luckily my wife doesn't like any of their designs. :)

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucet

The new finishes are much more durable than those of previous years. My faucet's handle has not come "loose" in the ten years I have had it. PP also makes a stainless steel faucet.

Southern Man

DIY Hillbilly
Reaction score
The new finishes are much more durable than those of previous years. My faucet's handle has not come "loose" in the ten years I have had it. PP also makes a stainless steel faucet.
I think the stem on the ball is loose, and I've just been too lazy to replace it. :eek:

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks