Information on a reusable whole house water filter:

Users who are viewing this thread

Mikebarone

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
My parents are on a well that produces a lot of sand and silt. They had installed a typical whole house water filter, but because of the amount of sand and silt in the water, they had to change the filter about every five days.
I found this washable and reusable bag type filter on the internet. The manufacture states that you can wash it in the washing machine over 100 times. You can order different filtration size filters; my parents ordered a 25 micron, and a 10 micron, and are using the 10 micron now. The filter has been installed for about a month now and so far, so good. I did install two pressure gages, one on the inlet side, and one on the out let side. This is so a reading difference between the two can be done, and therefore they can tell when the filter is getting full.

Hope this info is helpful for someone,

Mike

Here is the web site:

http://us.bookmarks.yahoo.com/pages/getcache/5295/xwzVsv1Sxw65Khkd%2BQAl1A

Attachments

• Water filter.JPG
    Water filter.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 763
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks