Yet another vent question....(sketch)

Users who are viewing this thread

SuperDaddy

Reaction score
Just wondering if it is possible to vent a toilet in this manner (see pic).

4" waste with a 3" vent line coming off the back of the waste line.

I'm not sure if this is acceptable or not. I am worried about the actual "waste" getting caught on the tee portion on the "way down".

I searched, but couldn't find anything that dealt with this scenario.

Any thoughts?

29417987zq8.jpg

Basement_Lurker

One who lurks
Reaction score
Why don't you have the tee under the wall instead of the toilet and have a 90 going from under the toilet into the branch connection?

Otherwise, if you are determined to use your current setup, you can swap out the tee for a wye fitting.

BAPlumber

Plumber
Reaction score
this is a fairly common setup for older homes. the (barrell vent) usually is used with a 2" Vent (code), I've seen it with a 3/4" vent (not code). I don't see a problem with a 3" vent, but no advantages.

Bombjay

Reaction score
dothisie8.th.jpg

Hope this quick scribble helps.It shows a 4x3 toilet bend into a sanitary tee that is below your 3" vent

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks