Pegasus kitchen pull-down faucet: Good? Bad? Why?

Users who are viewing this thread

bree

Reaction score
I am about to install a Pegasus pull-down sprayer kitchen faucet (Home Depot's own label) that was made in Italy. I know some Pegasus faucets are made in China. Someone here remarked that Pegasus and quality cannot be used in the same sentence. Have you had a bad experience? Has anyone had good experience with Pegasus? From Italy? From China?
And what about pull-down sprayers in general? I'm concerned that eventually, with use, they won't latch back up in place. Please share your experiences! Thanks.

Jeff_08

Reaction score
I bought a Delta faucet recently, a nice higher-end model, and the drain stopper was labeled with the Pegasus name. They exchanged it for another faucet with the same part that wasn't labeled as Pegasus, but I started thinking that they might be affiliated somehow. I could be wrong, and calling Delta was a waste of time, but that's something I noticed. The part appeared to be identical other than the logo/name on the first one.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
delta

Are you sure it wasn't switched somewhere? I cannot imagine Delta having anything to do with Pegasus, and have never seen anything but Delta labeling on their products.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Pegasus pull down sounds like double trouble to me...
Pegasus is a junk HD House Brand. Strike one!
Pull out faucets are notorious for having problems with hoses, Strike Two!
Strike three will come after it is installed in your home and you have a problem with it!

Jeff, I know thw Lav Pop Up Assemblies for pegasus and Delta look the same at HD. They are supplied with different ones at plumbing supply houses. Yes , there is a quality difference. The one you bought was probably a customer return that was missing parts or they mixed up parts. The big box stores do reband the returns and resell them.

Jeff_08

Reaction score
It did have the plastic bands still on the box. When I went to return it, I opened a few more at the store to make sure I got the right parts and some of them also had the Pegasus on the stopper with the plastic bands on the boxes before opening for inspection. Really strange, and I bought the faucet from a HD competitor which doesn't even carry Pegasus products. I called Delta and they said to return it but they couldn't explain why it was like that, but it didn't appear to be opened at all prior to me buying it (could be wrong). Anyway, it was just something I noticed and I thought there might be some affiliation between the brands.

Last edited:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Big Box stores have equipment in the stores to reband those boxes.

The pop up in question is no doubt made by the same supplier for faucet manufacturers to use on product for big box stores. We really like them! Kidding!

There may have been a screw up but I would have thought it would not have gotten by Delta QC.

Last edited:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Big Bow stores have equipment in the stores to reband those boxes.

"I'm Shocked, Ric. Shocked! " ( Free cup of coffee to the first one who knows what movie that quote is from)

The pop up in question is no doubt made by the same supplier for faucet manufacturers to use on product for big box stores. We really like them! Kidding!

I can tell you that Shenzen Globe Union Faucet company has in the past manufactured parts, including cartridges and pop up, for major brands including Delta and Moen. [ At this time, Globe Union has chosen not to do that anymore. ] I can see a possible scenario where some Peg. branded pops accidentally got onto a Delta assembly floor. I do think it is much more likely that this happend inside a HD store.

There may have been a screw up but I would have thought it would not have gotten by Delta QC.

The Pegasus from Paini ( Italy ) are not bad products, but you have the unknown factors of some metric threads popping up, availability of repair parts down the line, etc.

In general, I have found pull down faucets to be trouble, but that is base on only a few examples, and have not seen a Peg,

Last edited:

ncplumber

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Here's a good test when someone in the Ubersuper Store tries to sell you a faucet. Ask them if they have a cartridge in stock for that faucet. If not, be prepared to wait a week if, no, when it breaks. Same applies to a tankless water heater or a toilet. I personally would take Delta over Pegasus any day of the week. If you're looking for a particular finish or style, don't assume that because HD doesn't have it that it isn't available.

"The bitter taste of poor quality lasts much longer than the memory of the cheap price" - an old saying hanging on the wall in the shop of an old plumber that I know.

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
I try my best not to get any product from the box stores. I have had to many problems with the products. I'm sure we all love when a customer calls to say their customer supplied faucet leaks or the pop-up leaks etc...

"The bitter taste of poor quality lasts much longer than the memory of the cheap price"

That is so true.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks