GE Elite Softner for the whole house??

Users who are viewing this thread

JorjaGirl

Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about the GE elite Softner for the whole house?? I had a demonstator come by the house and do the water testing and everything and said that they would supply us with a 5 year supply of soap and cleaners if we buy one of their softners and it comes with a R.O. unit also. If anyone has seen or heard of these let me know something....THANKS in advance.

JorjaGirl

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
ge is low end stuff

It really depends on how low a price you
are getting the unit for...

they are considered low end here and usually will start
having problems 3 years out..... no one wants to work on them either

The CLACK is a much better unit, for probably in the
900 dollar range... A R.O unit maybe $400??

but with water conditioners it always comes down to the price..... quality never seems to matter

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
softener

Usually when they offer "freebies", whether it is soap or free installation, (especially when they come to your house to sell you), you will pay about three times what it is worth, or cost elsewhere.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Does anyone know anything about the GE elite Softner for the whole house??

Is that GE like at Home Depot or does it have an Autotrol control valve on it sold by plumbers, pump guys, well drillers and independent dealers?

Is it a one piece cabinet softener or does it have two tanks; a resin tank with the control valve on it and a salt tank?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks