electrical supply proximity to propane line?

Users who are viewing this thread

HockeyFan

Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
I'm curious how far away an electrical supply line to a house needs to be from a propane line. I will be checking with my electrician, but I'm doing some planning right now and am curious what my options are going to be.

Speedy Petey

Licensed Electrical Contractor
Reaction score
The propane company will have FAR stricter requirements that the NEC.
From an electric standpoint you just need to maintain clearances to equipment.
The cable can pass right behind the tank and right along the pipe for all we care.

Lakee911

I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)
Reaction score
I think it's something like 2-4 feet away from most problematic objects. Why don't you call the propane company and ask? They'll tell ya ;)

JWelectric

Electrical Contractor/Instructor
Reaction score
I think it's something like 2-4 feet away from most problematic objects. Why don't you call the propane company and ask? They'll tell ya ;)

I have electrical, water, telephone, cable and propane all in one 4 inch ditch. There is nothing in the NEC that says this is a violation.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks