new toilet for

Users who are viewing this thread

Tameria11

Reaction score
basement bathroom reno. I am thinking about the ToTo Ultramax 1 piece elongated MS854114S. I did not order yet because not sure if the sani glaze is woth the extra cost, almost $200. more in Canada.
Thoughts, suggestions would be valued at this time. I would like to order by Tuesday Feb 26 /08
I will be ordering in Sedona biege to match sauna hemlock wood finish, not sure in Sani glaze comes in only white?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The CEFIONTECT only comes in the Cotton White for the Ultramax and Drake.

The Sedona Beige and CEFIONTECT can be found in the Vespin, Carlyle, Soiree and Guinevere.

In the Seattle area, I charge $45 more for the CEFIONTECT on the Cotton Ultramax. It is nice.

Tameria11

Reaction score
Terry $$

Hi Terry
Well, I finished the main floor, took 2 years, but I'm back again. You have the most useful site, thank you for your interest and sharing your insight.
Maybe I will go with cotton white and SG, they must have made a mistake in quoting me.
What is the advatage of the SG.
If I go with cotton white, is it simalar to the ToTo ultimite we have upstairs. Terry do you still think the ultramax is number 1??
I was looking for a dual flush but the water surface on the Aquia looks very small, 6" compared to 10' on the ultramax
Thanks Dave

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Ultramax is very similar to the Ultimate. The Ultramax has a little more kick to the flush.
I like the Ultramax, basic design that works well.
The Soiree and Guinevere are very nice too though.

The Aquia dual flush has a smaller water spot, which I find, like the Caroma dual flush, that if you drop a few squares in beforehand takes care of streaking.

Cathy has the Aquia, she and her kids love how it works and looks.

Last edited:

Tameria11

Reaction score
The Ultramax is very similar to the Ultimate. The Ultramax has a little more kick to the flush.
I like the Ultramax, basic design that works well.
The Soiree and Guinevere are very nice too though.

The Aquia dual flush has a smaller water spot, whick I find, like the Caroma dual flush, that if you drop a few squares in beforehand takes care of streaking.

Cathy has the Aquia, she and her kids love how it works and looks.
Not sure what you mean by a few squares?, My concern in the basement install is the powerful flush, that is why I was thinking of the ultramax

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think Terry means squares of toilet paper. You say you are concerned about the powerful flush in this basement toilet. Are you thinking that because to toilet is in the basement it needs more flushing power because it is in the basement? If that is what you mean, you're needlessly concerned. Any Toto will work just fine down there. You may prefer one model over others, but that's really just personal preference.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks