washing machine drainage pipe backing up

Users who are viewing this thread

useless

Reaction score
The drainage pipe where my washing machine drains is backing up and flooding my floor. Can anyone give me advice on what to do?

Herk

Plumber
Reaction score
If it worked fine before, chances are the line needs cleaned. If this is a new washing machine it could be pumping faster than the old one. Washing machine drains and traps should all be 2" and if it's 1-1/2" this can be a chronic problem.

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
If it worked fine before, chances are the line needs cleaned. If this is a new washing machine it could be pumping faster than the old one. Washing machine drains and traps should all be 2" and if it's 1-1/2" this can be a chronic problem.

Yup that would be a big problem.

Is it backing up only when you are doing laundry? Is is backing up when you run anything else.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks