Basement Floor Vent (oops)

Users who are viewing this thread

Seaneys

Reaction score
Note to self...

When fill checking the dwv plumbing, don't forget to plug the vent line between ejector pit and the basement floor drain..

I needed to mop the floor anyway...

Herk

Plumber
Reaction score
Are you saying that the basement floor drain vent and the ejector vent are the same? You wouldn't get away with that here - the sump is supposed to be vented separately if you don't want the pump to siphon traps.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I think he was saying he was filling the DWV system for a leak test and he didn't block the vent for the pit... When the pit filled and the pump went on it got ugly fast!

Seaneys

Reaction score
Are you saying that the basement floor drain vent and the ejector vent are the same? You wouldn't get away with that here - the sump is supposed to be vented separately if you don't want the pump to siphon traps.

They are two separate vents, but I join them in the wall on the way to the roof.

The inspector has not seen this yet.. Did I goof? I could not fund much specific info on vents for ejector pumps. I just made sure the vent and the ejector pump outlet were the same size (2") to be conservative.

Steve

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
vent

There is no way the pump could siphon the traps even if the tank and fixture vents are connected together, and that is the way we have done it since the beginning of time.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks