Interesting

Users who are viewing this thread

loquin

Reaction score
a couple of months ago, my front lawn sprinklers started staying on after their zone turned off. This, in a system that has been running continuously for 13 years.

OK. It's the valve, I thought. So, I got a replacement valve, and started to work. Before getting TOO involved, I decided to take apart the old valve first. When I did, I found a small piece of gravel inside that had been getting caught, keeping the valve open.

My only thought was... "HOW did it possibly work for 13 years before causing a problem???"

Verdeboy

In the Trades
Reaction score
That piece of gravel could've made it's way into the valve at any time over the last 13 years. Or, it could've been there the whole time and not jammed it open until recently. You learned a valuable lesson. If a valve is stuck on or off, look for debris first before replacing the valve.

Construct30

Reaction score
I took apart a toilet valve a week ago that was plugged with leaves bigger than I would think possible, darn city water. How did they make it through the meter? I guess a piece of gravel could make it through too, it might not have been there all that time, but who knows.

Cookie

Reaction score
I couldn't understand how my stove/oven of 22 years just one day stopped working. Then, I thought well, it was just old. It baked its last cake and cookies. At the same time, my furnace of 55 years stopped working. It became a useless item. The house was cold, and didn't smell of cookies. Later that day, I walked into the livingroom and the roof of unknown years older than dirt was leaking onto my sofa. So, the house was cold, wet and didn't smell like cookies anymore.

I was ok with these thoughts until, I realized it was my birthday. I was older than the stove, younger than the furnace, and I knew the exact years unlike, the roof.

I was laying in bed that night still smelling the wax from all the birthday candles that I figured it out.

Sometimes it is as good as it gets. Did you really expect something profound? :p

R

Rancher

I was laying in bed that night still smelling the wax from all the birthday candles that I figured it out.
Wow, and you didn't burn the house down...

I thought you were older than dirt :D

Rancher

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks