Were all doomed,That is except for , THE RED SOX HE HE :D

It is true, the Red Sox do not suck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
There is a fixed amount of water in Earth's atmosphere, and just like in a house, the integrity of its "plumbing" is crucial to trouble-free service. Draining a swamp is like bypassing a treatment system, and damming a creek is like increasing the threshold in a flow-control valve ... and before long it is time to move!

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
Ya know,

I'd have to see numerous unbiased reports to attest to these figures. I also understand that all water consumed usually makes it way back to sewage treatment plants, along with stormwater infiltrations. I've heard of people getting fined in florida for watering their lawns. Water police. :p

If it stopped raining for a year, I'd be convinced the end is near. I keep eating deluxe breakfasts from McDonald's, the end is near.

I started a second business that caters indirectly towards hot climate but I'm not going to advertise it here; I despise indirect advertising in my forums.

All I can say is that it fits a need perfectly and it should be treated as safety equipment for all that use it. The rest follows entertainment guidelines for those to stay longer, spend more when they are out and about.

It hit the ground running and I'm hoping for the best in 08'.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
but seriousely folks....

when the whole Greenland Ice shelf melts away.
in just a few years...

their will be lots and lots of extra water in the atlantic....

and they have no idea what effect this might have on things...

perhaps massive rains or worst yet.....
how about 30 foot snow falls over Europe in the winter??
something like a new ice age....???

you cant dig yourself
out of something like that..

that is when things are gonna get real interesting......

the earth is only now beginning to wake up.....

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
I can weather anything, lol. Bring on a few more gallons of water.

Last edited:

D.Smith

Reaction score
I am here in Georgia. We are looking at less than 90 days of fresh water in our water basins. Watering outside starts at 1000.00 fine. Theres even a hot line to call to report watering. Business have been ordered to lower water consumption 25%. Landscapers have 4 days to water newly planted scapes.

Bosun

Reaction score
Las Vegas and the West

LV is in tough shape too. Agricultural use of water in the West is a huge problem...

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
Rant

The thing that really upsets me is the constant mantra from government that growth is inevitable. Things like warming and the current water crisis are Mother Nature's way of saying No, it isn't. One day they may realize that the "best and highest use" of a coastline doesn't involve condo towers and pristine white beaches. I don't think the consequences are going to be pretty.
/Rant

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
I'm drinking water right now, should I feel bad?

I got an excuse! Trying to tame a kidney stone. :(

You wouldn't believe how many homes I walk into, have numerous plumbing leaks and the only ones they want fixed are the ones that disable the fixture.

That means I leave the house with those other problems remaining, as they don't understand the drip factor. $$$

If the water district could itemize their bill in contrast in consumption against waste/leaks, you'd see people fixing their plumbing leaks I'd bet.

Molo

Reaction score
Water is a commodity now. It is bought and sold on the market with the stocks of major corps. that have bought (privatized) large amounts of water. Bottled water is a threat to our water source in many ways. YOU SHOULD NOT DRINK IT unless you need distilled water and can't make it yourself. We contaminate our water ridiculously. Go to the Adirondacks and you will see the damage. DEAD lakes as a result of sulfur emissions from coal and other insustry. These are not swimming pools, they are supposed to perform services to humans an are supposed to benefit our survival. We need to wake up and realize that we depend on ecosystem services.

take a look..

http://www.millenniumassessment.org/en/Article.aspx?id=58

Last edited:

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
when the whole Greenland Ice shelf melts away.
in just a few years...

their will be lots and lots of extra water in the atlantic....

and they have no idea what effect this might have on things...

perhaps massive rains or worst yet.....
how about 30 foot snow falls over Europe in the winter??
something like a new ice age....???

How about stopping the oceanic convection.....That would really screw us.
This topic does have me very concerned. I figure I might be dead before it becomes a critical issue but my little girl will have to live with it.

I've also read that we are already past the point of no return. The earth will get by....just maybe without so many of us around...........

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
SP1108490.jpg
That guy's wasting water!! STOP HIM!!!!

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
the Amish will survive....

How about stopping the oceanic convection.....That would really screw us.
This topic does have me very concerned. I figure I might be dead before it becomes a critical issue but my little girl will have to live with it.

I've also read that we are already past the point of no return. The earth will get by....just maybe without so many of us around...........

Its a pretty heavy subject for this thread..
and its comming about much faster than they predict......

when you think that we could be slammed dunked back into the stone age....literally overnight...

and very few of us would know how to survive the hardships......

except for maybe the Amish....or is that spelled Omish??

I just got to keep plumbing onward..
and pay my bills.........

Mikey

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek
Reaction score
Supposedly apolitical views of climate change

Here's the start of the European Commission's summary:

Climate change is one of the greatest environmental, social and economic threats facing the planet.

The warming of the climate system is unequivocal, as is now evident from observations of increases in global average air and ocean temperatures, widespread melting of snow and ice, and rising global mean sea level. The Earth's average surface temperature has risen by 0.76° C since 1850. Most of the warming that has occurred over the last 50 years is very likely to have been caused by human activities. In its Fourth Assessment Report (AR4), published on 2 February 2007, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) projects that, without further action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, the global average surface temperature is likely to rise by a further 1.8-4.0°C this century. Even the lower end of this range would take the temperature increase since pre-industrial times above 2°C, the threshold beyond which irreversible and possibly catastrophic changes become far more likely.

The Working Group II "Summary for Policymakers" at http://www.ipcc.ch/SPM13apr07.pdf is well worth a read.

There's a decent DVD-based overview course given by a Dartmouth PhD reviewing the basic science, but it's $40:

http://www.teach12.com/ttcx/coursedesclong2.aspx?cid=1219

Are we having fun yet?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks