Garage Heater Vent?

Users who are viewing this thread

BRIAN1172

Reaction score
I have a gas garage heater and I am trying to figure out the venting before I call someone to hook it up. I have a new house and do not want the "ugly smoke stack" sticking out the side of my house. It has a blower for the venting can i vent it out the back wall to a dryer type vent on the outside of the house? Just looking for a better looking alternative. FOR WHAT IS ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE HOUSE. I UNDERSTAND THE METAL FLUE PIPE FROM THE HEATER THROUGH THE WALL I AM JUST WANTING SOMETHING THAT LOOKS BETTER ATTACHED TO THE HOUSE IF POSSIBLE?????

Bosun

Reaction score
Relax!

Is it a powered vent like a dryer or wh? My guess is that the stack will be required, as the gasses coming out of the vent are deadly for your family. It depends on the heater/furnace.

BRIAN1172

Reaction score
Vent

Is it a powered vent like a dryer or wh? My guess is that the stack will be required, as the gasses coming out of the vent are deadly for your family. It depends on the heater/furnace.

Yes it is powered thats why I hope I do not need the stack, but if I do I do just curious if I have options

BRIAN1172

Reaction score
Yes it is powered thats why I hope I do not need the stack, but if I do I do just curious if I have options

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If you physically have the unit, review the installation instructions...the manufacturer will lay out the appropriate venting - do NOT secondguess the manufacturer. There may be multiple options and one of them must be chosen to have a safe installation. If you dont' have the unit, check on the manufacturer's website to see if you can download it. Each one is slightly different...don't take a generic answer when it may not fit your specific requirements.

Sincraft

Reaction score
If you physically have the unit, review the installation instructions...the manufacturer will lay out the appropriate venting - do NOT secondguess the manufacturer. There may be multiple options and one of them must be chosen to have a safe installation. If you dont' have the unit, check on the manufacturer's website to see if you can download it. Each one is slightly different...don't take a generic answer when it may not fit your specific requirements.

Dead on advice.

Take the information for exhausting from the manufacturer. Be sure you have your co detectors working too.
If you hate the look and try something different, you won't have to look at it anymore because you and everyone in the house WILL BE DEAD.

I know many people hide ugly utility items with bushes, paint, decoration etc. Might want to think about that but be sure that you do not block the ability of the exhaust to do its work.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks