POTTERTON PROMAX 33 COMBI Boiler Issue

Users who are viewing this thread

boiler101

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a Potterton Promax 33 Combi boiler - GC: 47-393-49 and having some issues.

I have changed the diverter valve, temperature sensor, and DHW filter. When I try to reset the boiler it doesn't seem to be doing anything, does anyone know how this can be checked or the selector switch how can that be checked to confirm if it is functioning correctly?

Note: There are no error codes appearing on the boiler

Many Thanks

Fitter30

Reaction score
Here's their service manual. Look at page 55 - A. There are two fuses one is internal other is external. Page 53 a flow chart. Never heard of this brand manual is written different from the manufacturers from the states

This manual has a little easier wiring

Last edited:

boiler101

Reaction score
Thanks fitter30, fixed one issue but got following two:

1. When I turn the thermostat on, the boiler is igniting approx 2 mins after the demand for central heating. Any ideas what could be cause of this?
2. The DHW has been set to full heat now and still the temperature of the water is only luke-warm? What could be checked for this part?

I took off the plate heat exchanger and that doesn't look that dirty so abit weird. Diverter valve I changed as well 2 days back.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks